UNIBEN Postgraduate Form for 2016 Admission Application
The University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria (UNIBEN) Postgraduate admission form for 2016/2017 is out. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the various Postgraduate programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters degree and Ph.D in the various Faculties/Schools/Institutes of the University of Benin. Read details below…
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
I. A Candidate for postgraduate studies in the university of Benin must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents,) A credit pass in Maths and English is required.
II. Four credits of Ordinary level plus OND (not pass), NCE, IJMB or Advance level passes.
III. A holder of a Pass (Degree/Diploma) is not qualified for admission into the postgraduate programme of the University of Benin. In addition, all holders of 3rdclass degree must possess PGD to be considered for admission into the Masters programmes.
IV. Candidates who obtained Masters degree but with Weighted Average Score (WAS) between 55.0-59% can only be considered for admission into the M.Phil programme in the first instance.
V. A candidate applying for the Ph.D in any programme of the University of Benin must have obtained a weighted average score of 60% or letter grade ‘B’ average in the Masters degree.
VI. A candidate applying for the PhD with a Master’s degree from any other University who in his/her Master’s study has not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalents similar to the ones in the University of Benin shall on admission be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60% or letter grade ‘B’.
VII. Only students who have the NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate can be allowed to clear into the different courses.
Candidates should request their former Universities/Institutions to forward their academic transcript(s) to the “Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies”, to reach him not later than 8 weeks from the date of this publication.
Applications of candidates whose transcripts are not forwarded to the school shall not be processed.
Candidates should request their referees to mail reports on them directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Applications shall not be processed unless the referee reports are available.
How To Apply For UNIBEN Postgraduate School admission
Note that: Application fee is N 11.500 while Processing fee is N 550
1. Click on ‘Register for application’ at the top left of the displayed page to proceed.
2. Provide all necessary information. Note that * means compulsory fields.
3. Click on ‘Get login credentials’ .
4. An immediate mail will be send to the provided email address (ps your email not the cybercafe’s mail).
5. Open your mail to get your system generated id and password that you will use to login.
6. On the https://uniben-kofa.waeup.org click on ‘Login’ (top right of front page).
7. Enter your user name and the password from the mail to login.
8. To start the application process, please click on ‘Edit application record’ and provide all required information and upload your red background passport photograph.
9. You can view your entries before downloading the application slip.
10. To make payment login and click ‘Edit application record’.
11. At the bottom of the page click on ‘Add online payment ticket’.
12. On the displayed page top left click on ‘College Pay’ to start payment by ATM or Cash Card.
13. Please do not delete any unsuccessful payment rather query it before initiating another payment.
Admission into some programmes shall be through entrance examination. Though a specific date for such exam is yet to be announced, it will take place at Ugbowo campus.
However, there will be no Entrance Examinations for some programmes. Admission into such programmes will be based on the general requirements approved by the Senate.
30th May 2016.
947 total views, 1 views today